A 91% isopropyl alcohol solution with properties suited for a multitude of uses. No particles, metals or trace organic content, this colorless IPA solution is great for cleaning and disinfecting in a range of settings.
- 91% IPA
- 4 x 1 gallons
- High purity
Is this the right product for me?
Read Before You Buy
Routinely we are asked questions about price, quality, delivery, packaging, and other product details important to our customers. Various e-commerce and auction sites have made it easy for consumers and merchants alike to benefit from virtual stores and internet-based product distribution. However, all products are not equal in quality and specification.
What purity do I need for my application?
There are numerous brands and different grades of IPA (isopropyl alcohol) offered online. Listings offering “99.8%” or “99.9%” purity typically do so to promote the purity of the grade offered. However, there are standards for various grades of alcohol and these standards are designed to match the proper product to a given application. To verify the actual quality and determine if a product is the right grade for your application:
- Selection- Make sure that the vendor or reseller offers more than one product, and not just varying packages of the same, but actual different grades of IPA. If only one grade is offered, it is likely that the product is from traditional distribution where it has been repackaged multiple times by different parties.
- Certified- Non-environment controlled packaging will degrade the quality of even the finest of products. Only suppliers that offer multiple grades routinely analyze, test, and certify various grades of IPA. Gotparts747.com offers four (4) different grades of IPA. IMAX is a proven IPA brand which is synonymous with maximum purity, maximum value, maximum quality, providing maximum performance.
- Packaging- Product is only as good as the packaging- If the alcohol is packaged in low density polyethylene (drug store or supermarket milk bottles), it cannot meet stringent quality specifications. Our bottles are made in the USA and our 99.5% and higher grades are made in clean-room environments and are certified pure with no particles or extractable contaminants. These are heavy-duty, UN-approved containers for hazardous materials that require the highest standard in packaging quality. Food, and lower quality bottles are fine for general purpose use, however they are not able to sustain the high purity specifications of alcohol over the full shelf life of the product.
- Price- The various grades of alcohol vary in price by as much as 10X. We offer a case of 4 gallons of IPA starting in the $30’s to over $320 for a similar case. When you see 99.8% or 99.9% being offered at an abnormally low price, it is an indication of distribution grade quality and is comparable to our IMAX Pure 100.
- Specification- Our 99.5% and higher grade products are offered with 2 sets of specs- the SALES spec, and the ACTUAL tested spec. In the selection guide the product we offer as 99.5% sales spec has a better than 99.85% actual specification. By erring on the conservative side we continually exceed quality expectations of our customers. Furthermore, in order to guarantee a 99.9% actual product, additional packaging steps and controlled-environment processing is required to keep the ambient moisture out of the product. This is not trivial and is a costly process to ensure 99.9% quality. On-line resellers, small re-packagers, and individual merchants are not equipped to provide this grade of product, and the capability to consistently analyze assay and moisture at part-per-billion (ppb) level requires a full scale analytical laboratory for quality control. All of our IPA at 99.5%+ are quality controlled and a certificate of analysis ensures the grade and purity of the product. We take our sales claims very seriously. With a realistic sales spec of 99.5%, all of the batches we produce surpass the 99.85% assay. We do not use purity as marketing jargon casually offered to customers to improve our sales.
- IMAX Pure 100 is an excellent all-purpose alcohol for general cleaning applications. It is pure IPA with no added water or other organic impurities. This product is not packaged in UN approved containers, is not certified, and is offered as a value-grade product for non-critical or stringent specification applications.
- IMAX 99.5% is recommended for majority of common isopropyl alcohol applications. This product is certified better than > 99.8% pure and can be used in a wide array of applications from 3D printing, to botanical and organic oils, biodiesel titration, and adhesives solvents.
- IMAX 99.95% is a semiconductor grade product that exceeds USP (Pharmacopeia Grade) and is for sensitive medical, optical, memory, disk/media and electronic applications.
- IMAX 99.99% Nano-Pure Peta-Bit grade is a specialty material for true anhydrous requirements with conductivity requirements and ultra-low metal (part per trillion) and low particulate requirements (nanometer-scale memory processes).
- We are available for consulting on custom projects, shipping, packaging or if you have other specific questions we are always available to help.
High-quality 91% Isopropyl Alcohol
A superior-grade 91% isopropyl alcohol solution.
High purity alcohol with zero particles, traces of metal or organic content allowing for a powerful and highly effective IPA solution with strong cleaning and disinfectant properties.
Features of our alcohol
Variety of Uses
Given its concentration, 91% can effectively treat dirt, grease and oil stains on appliance parts. Its cleaning properties make powerful disinfectants and cleaning agents within pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, automotive, industrial, personal care, household cleaners and more.
Use on a multitude of domestic and industrial surfaces with low risk of staining and discoloration.
91 isopropyl alcohol is one of the more commonly sold concentrations. As the name suggests, it is 91% isopropyl alcohol and 9% water, which makes it very useful for disinfecting. However, given its high concentration of alcohol and low concentration of water, it is not necessarily the best choice when it comes to killing bacterial cells.
Since it has such a high proof, 91 isopropyl alcohol can be too powerful to be effective in killing bacteria germs. Instead of penetrating the cell membrane, 91% is concentrated enough to damage the outside of the cell and cause the proteins to coagulate - making it harder to destroy the cell completely. This means that, whilst it can be used to kill some germs, 91% may require a longer time to work but can oftentimes leave bacterial spores behind.
However, due to its strength, 91 isopropyl is commonly used to disinfect surfaces from certain viruses. The flu virus, cold virus and Coronavirus are an envelope structure which means alcohol can be used to effectively deactivate it.
91 isopropyl alcohol is versatile with a lot of applications. However, given its high concentration, it is most commonly used for cleaning purposes. With a lower water content, 91 isopropyl makes for an extremely effective multi-surface cleaner not only because it evaporates faster than solutions with a higher percentage of water, but because it leaves behind very little residue. Consequently, your surfaces are left without stains or water marks.
Grease stains, oil, dirt and food stains can also be effectively treated with 91 isopropyl alcohol which is why it’s not uncommon to see appliance parts being dipped in a solution of 91% in order to be cleaned. The lower water content in 91 isopropyl also means it can be used to clean electrical equipment that may malfunction when coming into contact with water.
Another common use is within first aid kits. With its high proof, 91 isopropyl can be used as an antiseptic for cleaning minor and surface skin wounds. That being said, it is also an effective combatant against certain viruses as well. All viruses with an envelope structure i.e., cold, flu and the coronavirus, can be deactivated by alcohol, which means it can be used to remove virus spores from surfaces.
The biggest and most obvious difference between 70 and 91 isopropyl alcohol is the concentrations. 91 isopropyl is 91% alcohol, with the rest consisting of water, whilst 70 isopropyl has a much higher water content. Not only does this mean that 91% isopropyl comes with a much more noticeable aroma than 70%, but it also ultimately means each is better suited to different tasks.
Whilst both can be used as antiseptics, 91 isopropyl alcohol is overall much more geared towards cleaning surfaces rather than skin. As it is, 70% isopropyl’s higher concentration of water makes it much more efficient when it comes to killing bacteria and it also makes it much less harmful when coming into contact with skin for a prolonged period of time. This is also why 70% is the preferred concentration of rubbing alcohol. A higher water content allows the solution to completely destroy the cell from the inside, meaning 70% is generally faster acting on bacteria. That being said, when it comes to cleaning parts, 91 isopropyl should be a go-to, particularly because of its fast drying capabilities.