A highly versatile isopropyl alcohol solution suitable for a range of uses. No particles, metals or trace organic content, this high-quality and colorless IPA solution is great for cleaning and disinfecting in a range of settings.
- 70% IPA
- 55 gallons
- High purity
- Antibacterial properties
Is this the right product for me?
Read Before You Buy
Routinely we are asked questions about price, quality, delivery, packaging, and other product details important to our customers. Various e-commerce and auction sites have made it easy for consumers and merchants alike to benefit from virtual stores and internet-based product distribution. However, all products are not equal in quality and specification.
What purity do I need for my application?
There are numerous brands and different grades of IPA (isopropyl alcohol) offered online. Listings offering “99.8%” or “99.9%” purity typically do so to promote the purity of the grade offered. However, there are standards for various grades of alcohol and these standards are designed to match the proper product to a given application. To verify the actual quality and determine if a product is the right grade for your application:
- Selection- Make sure that the vendor or reseller offers more than one product, and not just varying packages of the same, but actual different grades of IPA. If only one grade is offered, it is likely that the product is from traditional distribution where it has been repackaged multiple times by different parties.
- Certified- Non-environment controlled packaging will degrade the quality of even the finest of products. Only suppliers that offer multiple grades routinely analyze, test, and certify various grades of IPA. Gotparts747.com offers four (4) different grades of IPA. IMAX is a proven IPA brand which is synonymous with maximum purity, maximum value, maximum quality, providing maximum performance.
- Packaging- Product is only as good as the packaging- If the alcohol is packaged in low density polyethylene (drug store or supermarket milk bottles), it cannot meet stringent quality specifications. Our bottles are made in the USA and our 99.5% and higher grades are made in clean-room environments and are certified pure with no particles or extractable contaminants. These are heavy-duty, UN-approved containers for hazardous materials that require the highest standard in packaging quality. Food, and lower quality bottles are fine for general purpose use, however they are not able to sustain the high purity specifications of alcohol over the full shelf life of the product.
- Price- The various grades of alcohol vary in price by as much as 10X. We offer a case of 4 gallons of IPA starting in the $30’s to over $320 for a similar case. When you see 99.8% or 99.9% being offered at an abnormally low price, it is an indication of distribution grade quality and is comparable to our IMAX Pure 100.
- Specification- Our 99.5% and higher grade products are offered with 2 sets of specs- the SALES spec, and the ACTUAL tested spec. In the selection guide the product we offer as 99.5% sales spec has a better than 99.85% actual specification. By erring on the conservative side we continually exceed quality expectations of our customers. Furthermore, in order to guarantee a 99.9% actual product, additional packaging steps and controlled-environment processing is required to keep the ambient moisture out of the product. This is not trivial and is a costly process to ensure 99.9% quality. On-line resellers, small re-packagers, and individual merchants are not equipped to provide this grade of product, and the capability to consistently analyze assay and moisture at part-per-billion (ppb) level requires a full scale analytical laboratory for quality control. All of our IPA at 99.5%+ are quality controlled and a certificate of analysis ensures the grade and purity of the product. We take our sales claims very seriously. With a realistic sales spec of 99.5%, all of the batches we produce surpass the 99.85% assay. We do not use purity as marketing jargon casually offered to customers to improve our sales.
- IMAX Pure 100 is an excellent all-purpose alcohol for general cleaning applications. It is pure IPA with no added water or other organic impurities. This product is not packaged in UN approved containers, is not certified, and is offered as a value-grade product for non-critical or stringent specification applications.
- IMAX 99.5% is recommended for majority of common isopropyl alcohol applications. This product is certified better than > 99.8% pure and can be used in a wide array of applications from 3D printing, to botanical and organic oils, biodiesel titration, and adhesives solvents.
- IMAX 99.95% is a semiconductor grade product that exceeds USP (Pharmacopeia Grade) and is for sensitive medical, optical, memory, disk/media and electronic applications.
- IMAX 99.99% Nano-Pure Peta-Bit grade is a specialty material for true anhydrous requirements with conductivity requirements and ultra-low metal (part per trillion) and low particulate requirements (nanometer-scale memory processes).
- We are available for consulting on custom projects, shipping, packaging or if you have other specific questions we are always available to help.
Best-in-class 70% Isopropyl Alcohol
A superior-grade 70% isopropyl alcohol solution.
A solution with zero particles, traces of metal or organic content allows for a powerful and highly effective isopropyl alcohol solution with strong disinfectant properties.
Features of our alcohol
Wide Range of Uses
The combination of 70 parts alcohol and 30 parts water makes for a particularly powerful combatant against microbes on skin as well as a range of hard surfaces. With these properties, isopropyl alcohol is also highly effective as a cleaning agent and disinfectant within a range of areas including from pharmaceuticals and household cleaners.
Use on a multitude of domestic and industrial surfaces with low risk of staining and discoloration.
Use with Care
Powerful alcohol solution that is incredibly effective when used with care. Limit prolonged exposure, wear protective equipment and use in well-ventilated environments away from ignition sources or direct sunlight.
The most common use of 70 isopropyl alcohol is as a disinfectant. With a 70% alcohol concentration and 30% water concentration, 70 isopropyl falls perfectly within the range to be an effective antimicrobial. This means it is an effective cleaner of microbes on skin and surfaces, particularly bacteria.
Why is this? In simple terms, 70 isopropyl’s alcohol content is diluted enough to permeate a bacteria cell and cause all the proteins to coagulate, effectively killing it. However, the other main reason why 70 isopropyl alcohol makes such an effective antibacterial disinfectant is its longer contact time. Compared to isopropyl alcohols with a higher proof, 70% has a slower evaporation rate (due to its concentration of water) and as a result, it maintains a contact with surfaces for longer, which allows it to work more effectively against germs.
For these reasons, you’ll find 70 isopropyl alcohol is the most commonly used IA in rubbing alcohol - a household chemical that can be used for cleaning as well as personal care. However, 70 isopropyl alcohol is the popular choice when it comes to rubbing alcohol for the skin due to it being less damaging with prolonged contact. Consequently, 70% is often found in household first aid kits to help clean cuts and scrapes.
There are many ways in which 70 isopropyl alcohol can be put to use in the home. The solution is perfect for those looking for an effective and inexpensive cleaning product, and there are endless ways in which it can be used. The solution works well at cleaning hard surfaces, and it’s great for cleaning stubborn marks from worktops, blinds, sinks and chrome surfaces. It can even be used to eliminate odours in shoes, and disinfect items that are touched regularly, like lightswitches, door handles and even your computer mouse!
Few people know that 70 isopropyl alcohol works a charm when it comes to cleaning pieces of jewellery, and it really helps to bring out the shine in stainless steel too. It’s also perfect if you’re looking to remove ink stains, or the sticky residue that’s left behind from stickers. It can even be added to your windscreen de icer on those freezing winter mornings, to help clear frost from the glass with minimal effort.
Rubbing alcohol ordinarily contains 70 isopropyl alcohol, as this is the optimum solution for many of the most prevalent uses of rubbing alcohol. Rubbing alcohol which contains 70 isopropyl alcohol works brilliantly against a wide range of fungi, viruses and bacteria, making it a great choice for those looking to use rubbing alcohol for protection against any of these.
One of the key benefits of 70 isopropyl alcohol is the way in which it permeates cells. This property makes it highly efficient in destroying microorganisms like fungi, viruses and cells. It works in quite a simple way, by breaking through the protective barrier around the cell and solidifying the harmful proteins held within it. When this happens to a virus, bacteria or fungi cell, then the microorganism perishes and will no longer pose a threat. Rubbing alcohol which uses 70 isopropyl alcohol is therefore incredibly effective in the fight against harmful cells.
Rubbing alcohol is a very versatile solution, and that’s why you’ll find it being used in many ways in both home and business environments. It features in the vast majority of first aid kits, thanks to its great antiseptic properties, and it’s ideal for disinfecting surfaces. Rubbing alcohol which contains 70 isopropyl alcohol can also be a very effective cure for nausea, and it’s often used in recovering rooms for those who have undergone surgery.
Solutions such as 70 isopropyl alcohol are often used by those working with CPUs, and it’s entirely safe to do so. Alcohol-containing solutions are remarkably effective at cleaning CPUs, which is why they’re so often used in this manner.
As long as the solution is used in moderation, and all residue is wiped away once the liquid has done its job, then there will not be an issue. Many programmers working with CPUs will opt for 70 isopropyl alcohol for a whole host of different cleaning-related tasks, and quite often those working in this industry make use of solutions containing higher concentrations of alcohol. The use of 70 isopropyl alcohol with CPUs is widespread, and there are no safety concerns relating to it. The solution will not cause damage to CPUs, as long as it is used carefully.
The only safety concerns to be aware of when using 70 isopropyl alcohol are related to consumption of the liquid, or its unsafe use near naked flames. Solutions containing high concentrations of alcohol must always be used with caution, as they are extremely flammable. Bear in mind that the liquid should never come anywhere near a naked flame while it’s being stored or used. The liquid must also be stored safely away from children, to prevent accidents. Under no circumstances should 70 isopropyl alcohol be consumed.